Milestone’s innovative line of grossing devices and specimen transfer accessories
These devices assure the standardization and documentation of the grossing step according to ASCO/CAP recommendations for HER-2, ER, EgR testing.
- Simplify and standardize grossing procedures
- Reduce turnaround time
- Improve diagnostic quality
ProCUT Slicing Devices
These devices eliminate the need for gross hardening, overnight pre-fixation, and cooling/freezing of specimens prior to sampling: easily dissect fresh tissues. The advantages are:
- Eliminate guesswork and consistently slice large fresh and fixed tissues
- Standardize grossing procedures, operator independent.
- Accelerate fixation procedures by having standard tissue thicknesses
- Reduce total biospecimen turnaround time
The innovative forceps for grossing at 2, 3, 4 mm thickness.
The advantages are:
- Eliminate the guesswork in cutting specific block thicknesses
- Standardize block taking
- Make serial tissue blocks in one simple step (e.g. lymph nodes)
Since tissue-processing protocols are based on specimen thickness, CheckLITE is a device that allows measuring thickness. The advantages are:
- An objective reference in the grossing procedure
- Improve productivity while reducing operator stress
- Reduce the need for reprocessing and improve processing quality by ensuring that the thicknesses is suitable for selected protocols
- International Patent N° EP. 2 009 419 / US-2008-0318265-A1
T-CART ensures a truly safe storage and a lightweight transfer of specimens at 4°C with time/temperature monitoring from the surgery suites to the pathology lab.
At the required time, the transfer basket (with the RFID logger) is placed in a thermal-insulated carriage fitted with chilling bags from the freezer of the refrigerator and transferred to the laboratory.
The biospecimens are maintained at temperatures between 0°C - 4°C.