Macro digital imaging system
The visual description of surgically excised specimens together with the sampling site forms an important component in the documentation of a patient's case. The accuracy of the description depends on the vocabulary and on the descriptive process of the Pathologist or Pathologists’ Assistant The transcription of dictation also takes time and can involve additional services external to the pathology group.
Since 1999*, Milestone has pioneered the use of macro digital imaging systems to document the grossing procedures. Our technology has enabled laboratories to implement better quality assurance oversight, reduce specimen description time, and provide greater accuracy.
The new MacroPath pro-x is a user-friendly, high-resolution image capture system that can either be mounted to fit any existing grossing workstation or used as a shared stand-alone resource. Selected high-resolution images can be used to supplement synoptic or preformatted reports that provide essential data of clinical relevance. The stored images form a powerful database for QA, teaching and research.
Connection to remote transmission facilities allows teleconferencing and telepathology consultations.
* An advanced digital image-capture computer system for gross specimens: a substitute for gross description. Antony S.Y. Leong - Pathology (2000) 32, pp. 131-138
Improved productivity and workflow...
... For the grossing room. Quality is assured and images are optimized. The software is user friendly and icon-driven for very easy operations. In addition to stand-alone operations, MacroPATH pro-x can interface with a PACS or LIS through a coded solution or TWAIN mode.
The MacroPATH pro-x installed in an existing grossing workstation
- 1. State-of-the-art digital camera with 16 MPixels resolution (Image size: 4608×3456 px) Lens 10x. Autofocus, Auto-light adjusting, Auto WB. Built-in LED illumination and USB extender.
- 2. Point-of-care control terminal, 17” touch screen
- 3. Waterproof IP68 keyboard
- 4. Foot control module (ZOOM IN/OUT, SAVE, RECORD)
Download catalog Ask a question
No more hand drawing and long descriptions... just MacroPATH pro-x
Step 1 - Start a new file
Step 2 - Digitizing the requisition form
Step 3 - Create a library of images
Step 4 - Automatic sizing/area
Step 5 - Automatic block key indication
Step 6 - Correlation
Step 7 - Enhanced diagnostic reporting
MacroPATH pro-x Quality
In the Grossing Room
- A major visual complement to standard descriptions
- Elimination of vagueness in the description of shape, size and color
- Eliminates hand drawings or long descriptions
- Detailed observation and/or documentation through 10x optical magnification
- Rapid and accurate sizing/area of specimens
- Easy and precise labeling of tissue block sample locations
- Full documentation of the specimen “as received”
In the Microscopy Room
- Macro images are available to all pathologists at sign-off time.
- More informative reports by adding context with macro images