WHAT SETS FlashFREEZE APART ?
The unique combination of a non-toxic heat transfer fluid with a state-of-the-art Stirling cooling device at -80°C allows standardized and documented flash freezing protocols.
Start with a good preparation
Human biospecimens have been collected and stored for over 100 years, and today, more than of 300 million
biospecimens are warehoused in freezers or stored in other formats such as paraffin-embedded tissue blocks1.
However, over the past decade or so it has become clear that the great majority of biospecimens stored in the
world’s biorepositories may not be suited for the state-of-the-art genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and
other bioanalytical technologies used today to search for cancer-related biomarkers.
The irreproducibility of many reported biomarkers is due at least in part to the fact that the biospecimens utilized
are often procured using different collection, processing and storage techniques2.
Such variability can lead to significant differences in the biospecimen’s molecular integrity.
1 Eiseman E, Haga S. A Handbook of Human Tissue Sources. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation; 2000
2 International Approaches to Advancing Biospecimen Science. Helen M. More et all. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. May 2011; 20(5): 729-732
To overcome some of these difficulties, Milestone has developed the FlashFREEZE unit to standardize the flash freezing processing step of biospecimens. With FlashFREEZE, it is now possible to carry out evidence-based freezing protocols on biospecimens with the full documentation needed for QA purposes.
THIS IS HOW FLASH FREEZING SHOULD BE
- High flexibility: Flash freeze vials with a volume of up to 50ml. Suitable for freezing 24/48/96 well plates or random biospecimens
- High safety standards: No liquid nitrogen, no isopentane. Histology grade ethanol is used as a heat transfer fluid and is suitable for non-contact freezingprocedures of biospecimens or fluids
- Full automation: programmable freezing temperatures down to -80°C; Programmable length of the freezing step.
- Fully documentable: software upgrading and download of event logs through the USB port
Play video Download catalog Ask a question
Simple and intuitive operations make everyone an expert
FLASH FREEZING OF RANDOM CRYOVIALS
1. Up to 25 cryovials simultaneously
2. Vials with a volume up to 50 ml.
FLASH FREEZING OF MICROTITER PLATES
The rack holder accepts 24/48/96-well plates.